NLSobon

Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon

Astarte's Wrath

Astarte's Wrath - Trisha Wolfe When I read Destiny’s Fire last year, I instantly fell in love with the world that Trisha Wolfe created. So when I learned there would be a companion novel, I was ecstatic.

Now, I’m not usually a fan of historical stories, but Astarte's Wrath was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

The first line:

Whenever the sky bleeds, covering the once-blue pallet with crimson, I know the Narcolym Guardians are waging a battle.

From that very first line, readers will find themselves lost in the wonderful world that Wofle has created here.

The maps. The character descriptions. The glossary. It is clear that Wolfe put a lot of work into this story, and it shows. I’ve tried reading other books that involved Egyptian mythology in the past, but I soon lost interest after most of them seemed to lack true character development, having shelved that in order to provide more details than anything. That was never the case with Astarte's Wrath. This is a fictional read, and it is clear that Wolfe did her research, but unlike the other books I’ve come upon in this setting, she manages to remember that character development is just as vital as the details.

Star (Astarte) is a strong character full of wit. I loved her, and I loved reading from her POV. She was a lot different than Dez, but that isn’t a bad thing. She is a determined character, which only becomes more evident as the story progresses.

But while I enjoyed her character, I think my favorite part of Astarte's Wrath was the romance. Let me just put it this way: you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll smile, you’ll swoon, and most importantly, you’ll be satisfied. I can honestly say that the romance between Star and Xarion is genuinely beautiful.

At first, it may be difficult for some readers to understand what is taking place, but I urge you to keep reading. Wolfe has produced some of my favorite YA reads – both with terrific action and swoonworthy romances.

My favorite quote:

“Cocky little king. You assume you’re the only thing that gives me satisfaction?”
His smile widens as he lifts one of my arms and kisses the sensitive skin of my wrist. “If there is something in this world that can please you more than me,” he says, his warm breath caressing my skin, “then I’ll be extra diligent in my duties tonight, my queen. Indulge me with every sensation that gives you pleasure, and I will match it and more.”