NLSobon

Smash Into You
Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Stained (Zombie I Am) - Mike Mauthor First off, I want to say thank you to Mike Mauthor for sending over a copy of Stained for me to review.

When Mauthor e-mailed me about Stained, I'd never heard of it, and wasn't sure what to expect. I knew that it was a zombie novel, and that was enough to make me want to read it. (I'll happily read almost anything if it involves zombies.)

Stained isn't your typical zombie novel. In all honesty, I'd say it's pretty light for a zombie novel - not that this is necessarily a bad thing.

The story starts off with Lin waiting on his family to arrive back home from church. When he hears a loud bang coming from the front door, he goes to see what it is, only to find "sickly people" trying to get inside of his house. He somehow manages to get onto the rooftop, but the "sickly people" still manage to get to him.

Cut to the first chapter, a year after Lin is bitten by the "sickly people", doctors prescribe medicine for Lin; medicine that should help to reverse the disease, to act as a cure. This is where Stained varies from most zombie novels: after Lin is bitten, it becomes more of a teenage drama.

The title Stained, actually comes from the reality shown that takes place during the story. Think of it like The Hunger Games, but instead of a bunch of teens fighting to death, it's more like an uninfected human being forced to fight against the "sickly people".

While I didn't love Stained, I found it to be a short read that was certainly interesting. For $0.99, it is worth checking out if you're looking for something different to read.