NLSobon

Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Frigid - J Lynn Actual Rating: 3.7

I love Jennifer L. Armentrout’s books. Really. I do. In fact, I don’t think there’s been a single book of hers – of those that I’ve read – that I’ve rated below four stars. Until now.

Here’s the thing. I like Sydney and Kyler. They are adorable, and I was able to relate to their relationship, because I’ve been through one like it. I was glued to the pages, wanting to know what was going to happen between them.

The problem? As much as I liked Sydney and Kyler, I felt as though Frigid fell short for me, and it pains me to say that as a huge JLA fan.

I’m used to being surprised in Jenn’s books. Her Covenant and Lux books have always been able to keep me on the edge of my seat with anticipation, confusion, and even frustration at times. But I called the big reveal in Frigid shortly after that lobby scene. I fail to see how they wouldn’t have immediately thought of him. I mean, really? After the tension in that scene, and all of the bad things that start happening almost immediately after, you don’t even stop to think that he may be involved? Really? That bothered me. A lot.

I think the other thing that knocked this story down a bit for me was that there wasn’t enough story here. I found that Frigid focused more on the steamy romance scenes rather than an actual story. (Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a good romance story, and I adored Kyler, but those scenes were boarding on excessive.)

My overall opinion: I’d say Frigid was a book worth reading. I can’t say that I loved it as much as I have her other works, but it is still a good book.