NLSobon

Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Eve & Adam - Michael  Grant, Katherine Applegate This is a long overdue review:

Actual rating: 3.8/5 Stars

I didn’t love EVE & ADAM, mainly because I couldn’t connect with Eve, and the POV switches drove me up a wall. I don’t mind when a POV switches, but the voices should be different. For a while, I couldn’t tell Solo and Eve apart – their voices sounded too alike, and given that he’s an older male, and she is a sixteen-year-old female, that shouldn’t be the case. And I never quite understood the purpose of Aislin’s druggie boyfriend? Surely there could’ve been another way for Eve to escape the building with Solo? (If it was to show how broken Aislin was, they could've stuck with the parents constantly being gone route; showcasing how eager she was for attention. I don't think the boyfriend really provided anything of substance to the story.)

Even though EVE & ADAM isn’t perfect, it is still an enjoyable read.
The concept behind EVE & ADAM is amazing. The idea that someone could create a person using a computer program? It is certainly a fascinating concept, and was initially what pulled me to this book. In all honesty, I think the creation of Adam is my favorite part of the book. It’s an exciting process, and I feel as though Grant & Applegate did a fantastic job at pulling readers into the entire process. Reading from his POV also helped to provide readers with a better understanding of Eve’s mother and her business.

In the end, I actually enjoyed where Grant and Applegate took the story, and I’m eager to see what they have in store for the next book, ADAM & EVE.