NLSobon

Smash Into You
Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Gustav Gloom and the People Taker - Adam-Troy Castro, Kristen Margiotta I don’t read a lot of Middle Grade books, but this one looked interesting, and I couldn’t wait to dive into it when I received it through the GoodReads First Reads program. Gustav Gloom and the People Taker pulled me in almost instantly, and I couldn’t help but to lose myself within the pages.

A humorous and thrilling story with beautifully illustrated pages, Gustav Gloom and the People Taker is a book that everyone can enjoy.

When Fernie What and her family move into their new home, they are warned by a neighbor to avoid the Gloom mansion. But when her cat goes missing, and she takes off in search of him, leading her right to the mansion, she’ll find that maybe there was a reason behind the warnings.

Gustav Gloom has spent his entire life living among the shadows and creatures that fill the Gloom mansion. He’s grown used to running from the People Taker and his beast. But when Fernie What is almost taken by the People Taker, he jumps in to try and save her before she is taken.

While on the run from the People Taker, who continues to chase after them, Fernie and Gustav, who are both incredibly different from one another, come to form a bond that will change life as they knew it.

Gustav Gloom and the People Taker is a great story about family and friendship. I’d highly recommend picking this one up.