NLSobon

Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Haunting the Night - Mara Purnhagen Reviewed on: August 12, 2011

When "Haunting the Night" was announced, and offered as a free e-book, I was excited. I've honestly fallen in love with the "Past Midnight" series and Mara Purnhagen's writing. I'm going to be a bit sad going into "Beyond the Grave" knowing that it's the final "Past Midnight" book.

"Haunting the Night" takes places a few weeks after the events from "One Hundred Candles". After Marcus' death and her mother falling into a coma, Charlotte is struggling with her guilt. She believes its all her fault, that she could've done something to prevent it all. She's trying to go on with her life, but it's impossible to go on until she's ready to let go of her guilt.

While "Haunting the Night" doesn't give readers answers to what's next, it does give them plenty of questions...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. With Noah's bruise, the shadow creature, Charlotte's mother still being in a coma, and Zelden's quest to avoid her...you get a feel of what to expect in "Beyond the Grave" (which I'll be reading this weekend).

If you're a fan of the series, the novellas are a must.
I love where the story is headed, but I'm going to be sad to see it end.