NLSobon

Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Fracture - Megan Miranda My Rating: 3.5 Stars

I was really looking forward to "Fracture". It sounded fantastic. And it was...at least half of the book was. Once Troy was introduced, I found that I had to force myself to keep reading. And then to have it all lead up to that ending? It left me feeling as though nothing was ever really settled.

The story is about Delaney Maxwell, who falls through the lake while out with her friends. Having spent eleven minutes under the ice, Delaney's friends were convinced she was dead. Everyone, except for Decker. He refused to give up that easily, staying by her side at the hospital, waiting for her to wake up. But when Delaney wakes up, everything has changed: her relationship with her friends, her relationship with her parents, and her friendship with Decker. But the most notable change is that she can sense death.

Delaney is unable to tell people about the pull without coming off as crazy. Until she meets Troy, who like her, can feel the pull of death. But Troy isn't who he seems to be, and trusting him could be deadly.

I really did enjoy the premise of "Fracture", I just wish the story was developed a bit more. I felt as though everything was rushed, and that the ending was too predictable. The reader can tell something is wrong with Troy, especially after the scene at the funeral home, so that ending with him and Delaney is all too predictable. And even though it brings Decker and Delaney back together again, I don't feel as though the story was ever truly wrapped up.

Is "Fracture" worth checking out? Yes.

Would I read it again? Probably not, but I did enjoy it for the most part.