NLSobon

Smash Into You
Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
The Alchemy of Forever: An Incarnation Novel - Avery Williams I was excited to read THE ALCHEMY OF FOREVER, but I didn't expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I actually did. Sure, the plot sounded intriguing, but reincarnation novels can be a hit or miss. So I went in went in with low expectations, only to find myself completely engulfed in Seraphina's story.

The story is about Seraphina Ames. Centuries earlier, when an attack almost killed her, Cyrus turned her into an Incarnate. She's spent the past six hundred years jumping from body to body, living under the control of Cyrus. As the time approaches for her to switch bodies, as her current body is nearing its end, Sera decides she can't do it anymore. She doesn't want to be controlled by Cyrus anymore, and she doesn't want to keep killing off other people to ensure she remains alive. But it isn't that simple. Sera manages to escape, but Cyrus isn't willing to let her go. He'll stop at nothing - including going after those that Sera has come to love - in order to lure her back.

I really enjoyed THE ALCHEMY OF FOREVER. The Cyrus we meet in the very beginning of the story is a completely different man from the one we come to know throughout the rest of the story. He's controlling, abusive, and menacing; a far cry from the boy who wanted to save Sera.

At times, after Sera overtook Kailey's body, I found myself frustrated with Sera. She was constantly making plans to escape, but something always brought her back. But even though it may be frustrating, I can understand why she kept going back. With Cyrus and his group of Incarnates, Sera never really had a family. She served as his puppet for the most part. But with Kailey's family, living Kailey's life, she feels as though she belongs. She's found the family she never knew that she wanted. Sera isn't willing to risk their lives for her own freedom. Returning is the only way she can, hopefully, stop Cyrus before it's too late.

All in all, this is definitely one of the most exciting books I've read this year. I would definitely recommend this one. It's a fast, thrilling read, and I can't wait to see what happens with Sera next.