NLSobon

Smash Into You
Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Everneath - Brodi Ashton The beautiful cover for "Everneath" is originally what drew my interest to the story, and while I didn't completely love it, I did enjoy it.

Nikki Beckett vanished one night, without a trace. Everyone thought she'd run away, that she was on drugs. But Nikki is being held in the Everneath, where she's being held as part of the Feed. When she finally wakes up in Cole's arms, she finds herself unable to remember much of anything other than a boy's face. A boy that isn't Cole. When he tells her to come with him, to rule the Everneath, she decides to return home - in search of the boy, in search of her old life. But after her return, she only has six months until the tunnels come looking for her, and this time, there will be no returning.

I think the thing that I love most about Nikki is just how selfless she is. She has the chance to rule the Everneath with Cole, to live forever - all she'd need to do is feed. But she chooses the tunnels, an eternity of hell, instead because she doesn't want to have to feed off of others as Cole has done to her.

I'm not a huge fan of love triangles, mainly as I feel as though most of them are forced. But with Cole and Jack, it worked. You have Jack, the best friend turned boyfriend, and then you have Cole, the mysterious guy who is there when Nikki needs her. Jack goes crazy when Nikki disappears, unwilling to give up on her returning. And Cole, who seems to have been changed by Nikki, refuses to give up on making her his queen. Both boys are complete opposites, but they are both in love with Nikki.

Jack's decision in the end seemed a bit predictable, but I am eager to see what happens next. There's no way Nikki is going to give up, and it's evident that Cole isn't willing to leave without Nikki. And I can't wait to see what Ashton does next.

My final thoughts: Ashton has created a terrific story with intriguing characters that'll leave you eagerly awaiting the next installment.