NLSobon

Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon
Dark Eyes - William Richter My actual rating: 4.5 Stars

While reading "Dark Eyes", which I really enjoyed, I kept thinking back to Criminal Minds. If you watch Criminal Minds, you know about Emily Prentiss and Ian Doyle, and how she does everything she can to remain hidden from him. The way that Wally's mother takes off to protect her, it reminds me of Prentiss and Doyle; which isn't a bad thing, as I'm a huge Criminal Minds fan.

The story is about a sixteen year old girl named Wally. She was born in Russia, and adopted by an American couple when she was five years old. She doesn't remember much from her life in Russia, having forgotten most of it only a few months after moving to the states. But when Wally loses her fake ID and goes to a recommended shop for a replacement, her life completely changes. The man at the shop hands her documents from her mother, causing Wally to take off in search of her. But her journey to find her mother will be dangerous.

There are so many twists in this story. It definitely helped to keep my interest because I didn't know what would happen next. I like to be left surprised, and well, Richter managed to surprise me quite a bit. And then there is the awesome heroine...I love Wally. She's tough, and she's determined, and she doesn't give up. She's an incredibly strong, and stubborn, heroine. It's hard not to like her.

"Dark Eyes" is a fast paced, thrilling novel that I enjoyed immensely. Would I recommend this book to everyone? In all honesty, no. But that is only because this isn't a book that everyone will enjoy. It is action packed. It is gritty. It's just an incredibly awesome novel.