NLSobon

Shelly Crane
Decoding Evie
Nicole Sobon

Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)

Elemental (Elemental, #0.5) - Brigid Kemmerer I've been eagerly awaiting the release of "Storm" ever since I stumbled upon it on Goodreads. So when I saw that there was an eBook prequel being released ahead of "Storm", I went ahead and pre-ordered it. As this is a short introduction to the Elemental series, I don't want to actually summarize the story. Instead, I'll try my best to explain why I enjoyed this prequel, and why you need to read it:

Emily Morgan: I wasn't so sure what to make of her at first. I was worried that she would turn out to be a useless character. But after the scene with the putter and the tires? I'm convinced otherwise. She is, as Michael puts it, definitely not predictable, and I like that about her character.

Michael Merrick: Michael is mysterious, deadly and yet warm all at once, if that even makes sense. I have a feeling that the Merrick brothers may very well be topping the "YA Boyfriend" lists soon.

The Elementals: I think Kemmerer has a really interesting story here. While we don't learn too much about the Elementals in this prequel (to be expected, given its length), Kemmerer does provide enough information concerning their backgrounds to keep us interested. I can't wait to see how the story develops, and just what these characters are capable of, when "Storm" releases in April.